Thursday, November 22, 2012

Back in the Game!


     So, it's been 18 months since I have posted. Not coincidentally, W turned 18 months old today. It's not that I intentionally "quit" the blog, it's just that two five-year-olds and a newborn (that quickly turned into a really "climb-y" toddler - see above picture!) made the choice for me. However, there is no time like the present to get started again! That is especially true when you have some news to share...
         J has just been offered the amazing opportunity to lead an organization which helps to provide access to clean water all over the world. It is an amazingly effective development tool and they do it for the "least of these" in Jesus' name. We feel honored that he gets to be a part of it, and they are thrilled to have him with his background and talents. Here is their website so you can check it out: Lifewater International. We are really excited to say the least!      
     The other side of the excitement is the bittersweet fact that since the organization is based out of San Luis Obispo, CA, we are...moving back to California at the beginning of the year (just the central coast this time)! We have been so spoiled with our amazing family and so many incredible friends nearby. Here in AZ we have a great new house (which we will be renting out - anyone interested??) and sweet neighbors and a great school for the kids. But we are feeling much peace in the midst of transition, which confirms that we are indeed headed in the right direction. We feel grateful for J to have this opportunity to serve the world's poor in this way, helping to open up the opportunity to have clean water and the health and life that comes with it. And, as you probably know, we are usually up for a good adventure with a good purpose - or we are just crazy and restless, but I prefer to think the former. This man that I married has made my life more interesting than I ever could have anticipated it would be - and I like it. Please remind me of this in a few weeks when I am surrounded by boxes and I don't have any dear friends or family within 400 miles!
     Anyway, we found a great home (owned by the sweetest family - I am hoping 'she' won't mind being my friend!) to rent in a very small town outside San Luis Obispo, where J's office will be. We can walk to great schools and they have a Trader Joe's! Right behind our backyard is a creek, and there are tons of grapes and berries growing. It's wine country. This will be like nothing we have experienced before. Hence, me starting to blog again. I want to use this as a way to better keep in touch with our dear family and friends, and to record the chaos as it unfolds. So there you have it. We are moving in a few weeks! Yikes - it seems more real when I type it. I am going to miss our precious family and friends so much...hoping to entice you out for visits by the fact that we will be 30 minutes from the beach! This Thanksgiving I feel like no words could express my thankfulness to God for the journey we are on, the incredible man I am married to, the precious children by our sides, and the unbelievably wonderful family and friends we are graced with. It's definitely enough to humble a girl in gratitude :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! That's fantastic! Congratulations! -Melissa Iden

    ReplyDelete