Monday, June 29, 2009

When God Found Us You


A few nights ago, I was reading B the book God Gave Us You which we had registered for even before she was born. It is a picture book about a baby polar bear who is asking her mom to explain to her where she came from. It is a very sweet story giving a great picture of the anticipation of expecting your first baby with (as a friend once referred to it) all of its "beautiful newness." B is really into reading additional books by the same author, and she noticed the little picture of the sequel, "God Gave Us Two." My first thought was that we should get that one since God has given us two precious little ones. But, then I realized that the story which the second book tells is about the mother expecting a second child, and that it would not reflect the beautiful way that God had continued to expand our family by giving us T. Right now, they haven't asked questions about these things, but I know they will someday, and I nervously anticipate those discussions. I want to make sure that T understands that although his story is different, it is just as magnificent and wonderful as the way God blesses people with biological children.

Anyway, here is the strange part. I walked out after gingerly laying B in her crib, and J pulled out a book, God Found Us You, which he had been sent by a publishing company to review (this happens every so often). It just so happened to be by the same authors and was written for children who have been adopted! I was so excited because a) this is exactly what I was looking for to begin introducing the topic to T, b) the timing was extremely right, and c) we got a free book and I LOVE books! I can't wait to share this with both of the kids. Here was my favorite quote from the book. In talking about the little fox's first mother, Mother Fox says, " 'I think she prayed like crazy that you would be safe, Little Fox. I think she prayed for me as much as I prayed for her.' Mama's voice got all whispery. 'And God answered both of our prayers.' "

Here is T with Aunt Meme during her fun recent visit :)

Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment